Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dream Board




We all have dreams. We all have those childhood fantasies that followed us from our innocent childhoods; though some varied, changed, or just flat out lost our interest. As a grown woman, one dream of mine still remains the same. Being successful. Drake and Trey Songz sang it best, as success if something I believe everyone wants to achieve.

But despite everyones strong willed desire for betterment and achievement, not everyone definition of success is the same. My definition of success may differ from yours, and vice versa. And that is a critical statement in planning your goals, executing the path to them, and successfully maintaining them. Never should you compare what you want out of life to another, who knows what their journey is like. You will probably never know, not to mention the risk of trying to find out.

My personal definition of success is happiness. Happiness and fulfillment in every area of my life. Every area;
including my finances, relationship with God, relationship with myself (I am my own best friend), relationship with family and friends, career, social life, career, education, the list goes on.

A avid fan of inspirational Christian literature, a "dream board" has been a term I have stumbled across too many times to ignore. A "dream board" is a board composed of all the things you want to accomplish, receive and/or do. A collage, composed of your life's personal dreams. After it is completed, you can hang it by your mirror in your bedroom, or in the bathroom, or by the front door of your home, to serve as a reminder of what your purpose is. Here are a few examples of a Dream Board.


Here are a few examples of what is on MY dream board!


Growing Closer to God everyday of my life. My relationship with Him is the only one that really matters.


I will launch on very own foundation, "Daughters of the King", geared and catering to young minority girls in the urban areas of the country. Founded on empowerment, love, and God, my foundation will encourage, and inspire girls to greatness!


Currently in production, my first published book will be finished, and available for retail THIS SUMMER! Thank you God for vision and annointing! And you will be the first to know!


And a convertible wouldn't hurt either! Nothing like driving in downtown Chicago, wind through your hair and the pedal to the metal on those summer 80 degree nights with the city engulfing you. Make you feel like you made it.


When I am 100% fulfilled in all of the above areas, to me, I AM SUCCESSFUL. I do not need the latest and greatest runway fashions, the speediest car, roomest house, or a dozen of friends constantly surrounding me for validation. God told me to stop trying to fit in, when He made me to stand out. When my relationship with God is in good standing, each day that passes we grow closer together, nothing can take my joy. The world did not give it to me, so the world can not take it away.

What would be on your Dream Board? I encourage you to make one, and even upload it. I'd love to see it! You never know who will draw inspiration from you.


Goapele- Closer
**This songs never fails to make me feel better. Every day is one step closer, though that step may be small, it is one less step to my destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate your feedback! :)