Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Admit...


Sometimes we all need a good ole' admit it day. I know as Black women we attempt to uphold the SBW Syndrome, also known as Stron Black Woman Syndrome; being strong all the time, and all the time being strong. Giving of ourselves relentlessly, unforgivingly forgetting our needs and our wants. Lately I have learned so much about myself, Thankyou Lord for gentle conviction and loving kindess being patient with me.

I look at a piece of paper as a canvas. Unlike a diary, on a piece of paper I write down what I admit to. Admit to myself, as a woman, as a daughter of the King, as a mother, as an everything. It acts like a mirror without the reflection. Instead of looking back at your eyes, you look back at what you look like internally.

What do you admit to? What do you know you need to change in your life, but are so afraid of change that fear has crippled your growth? I'll go first, and hopefully you too will do this at home.

I ADMIT...
*I admit that I don't trust God nearly as much as I should.
*I admit that I am too hard on myself. I beat myself up for the mistakes I make. I find it hard to forgive myself.
*I admit sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough.
*I admit to doubting myself, sometimes sabatoging myself.
*I admit to allowing my past hinder my future. I look back more often than I'd like too, even though God himself told me on numerous occasions that my past can not even be compared to my future.
*I admit to procrastinating.

What about you? My list is way longer, but I'll leave the rest between God and I. Write what you admit to in the comments, I'm eager to hear. We can all be of inspiration to one another. Don't be afraid to do some internal cleansing. Don't let your emotions and feelings get to a dangerous point. Let it out, and work at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate your feedback! :)