Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fantasia, For Real...



The blogs has been going HAM on the expense of Fantasia. Sad, but true. Society loves negativity. When you're at your weakest moment, when all your drama is out, when vicious lies and rumors are unstoppable is when the media is at it's happiest. And it truly is sad that the media actually captalizes on the demise of someone else.

I can relate to Fantasia on so many levels, and in so many ways. I myself have endured public humiliation, ( of course not on such a greater scale), but my pain was broadcasted on my entire college campus. And considering my undergrad is in the top 3 biggest schools list, the audience was big enough!

Her recent suicide attempt has been the latest subject of the traumatized soul singer. I, too, "wanted out". At one point in my life, I wanted it all to be done with...even to the point that I, too attempted suicide. How does a person get to that point? I'll tell you. It's when they lose hope, they lose all faith and feels as if this is it. It's nothing to live for anymore, so death feels like peace. I have been to that point, but thank you Jesus, I am a living testimony.

I know what it feels like to hit rock bottom. I know what it feels like to have people talk about me, betray me, lie to me, embarass me, down me, and enjoy my downfall. I know how it feels, and it is not a good feeling.

Watching her exclusive interview after her whole suicide fiasco, I became slightly emotional and actually connected to her. At one point, she began to tear up until the tears couldn't help but fall on her cheeks. I actually felt her pain, I understood her. I hung onto almost every word because I can relate to every one of them.

My prayers are with Fantasia. Regardless of the facts of her alleged and highly publicized affair with a married man, to love and to loose is a beating to the heart. My heart was connected to a man I loved more than myself for over a year after our seperation. Loving somebody who could actually care less about you freakin` hurt. Hurt like hell. But thank you God for healing. Now, I can share my story with the world to show the glory of God. And I bet that Fantasias story will, too. In fact, I know it will. Even angels learn how to fly...all you have to do is try.


Look out for Angela's highly anticipated book,
"Miss Thang! Destiny Fulfilled: A Testimonial Guide to Divine Purpose and Greatness!"
on all online retailers late September 2010!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate your feedback! :)